Kapa Haka 2019

Kapa Haka

Bshhh! We got off the loud bus and lined in our class lines up we were at the showgrounds in Gisborne. We went with nui on a wednesday. Walking into the the huge nerve racking hall my tummy started to rumble, and it made me want to go to the toilet, but I couldn't. I could here the preschool Kapa haka group shaking the ground they and they were only like three or four years old. Then the wai group walked and it was so cool because they started with kids playing the ukulele and it was really funny because some girls made a mistake and everybody started to laugh.

Getting ready for the performance was really boring because we had to wait for a little bit then we got told to walk into the hall I was so scared but I just had to do it so the first two rows walked on, I started smiling straight away, I saw my auntie, She come to New Zealand like every year. She comes from Aussie. The first song we did was Tu mai ra, I think we did pretty good. The second was Hairemai a pawa I think we did it way to fast. The third was Kapioio, it was OK. Fourth was Puiriani Then we did Utaina, that song lead into the haka. The Haka was meanage we did Ka mate and another haka. then we did Wainui e. We did one more song but I forgot.

This Kapa haka was the best and the last for wainui. It was so fun to be perform in front of my family. I bet my family loved it. It was nice to get kapa haka off my shoulders. Now I just need to end the year and i'm at intermediate. 

Comments

  1. Wow!!! The WBS performances were so awesome Matai!! You, your fellow students, and the teachers and support staff should be very proud. What a wonderful finale to months of hard work and dedication. I could see your special smile for Aunty Melody, and while I knew you were nervous, this just made me more proud of you as you pushed through your nerves to give a fantastic performance. Dad and I are very proud of you and of our school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment