Cross Country

Cross Country
Today it was the cross country, it was in the morning next to the beach. Bang! The race was on, it was hard to get up to the front because all the boys were pushing around. Once everybody started trying to keep their places but I was trying to push further. We had to do two laps it was 2.5 kms. Then after my first lap I started to slow down because I have asthma so it was hard to keep up with the person in front of me, when I went past my friends and family they cheered, that made me go a little bit faster. I came tenth overall.

The cross country is always challenging because there is one of the best runners for our year in our town. I loved how on the practises we got fitter, I think it's awesome how we get to run on the sand dunes. It was my last cross country and I try my hardest.
 

Comments

  1. Dad, Nana and I were so impressed at your efforts Matai! What struck me the most was how far the course seemed to be, and of how fit you and the other students must be to complete it in the time you did- well done!! I remember the cross country course at WBS when I was your age- it must be much nicer to run along the dunes than up the big hill behind the school like we used to!!! Congrats on your 10th placing and doing your best, we are proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Matai,
    It's Santy I like how you included a lot info on what you did at what time. I was also there ;D. Maybe next time you could add some more photos but besides from that IT'S AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment