Science Fair 2019



Science Fair
A couple weeks ago, me and my friend Jett made a science fair, it was about paper planes we were trying to see what thickness of paper makes a paper plane fly the farthest. We had lots of different thicknesses of paper like normal A4 paper, card, magazine and newspaper. We had to find a sheltered place that the wind and rain couldn't affect the flight.

Our testing was really fun because Jett measured, I threw and Mum recorded the data. The results were that the thicker the paper was it flew better because it was heavier, it's like throwing a really light ball verse a heavier ball, the heavier ball would go further but it can't be too heavy. Next time I would test how long the plane flew for. It was really fun doing science fair this year and we came third now we get to regionals.

Comments

  1. A huge congratulations to yourself and Jett Matai!! I was surprised that you wanted to do a science fair this year as it wasn’t compulsory, or part of this year’s curriculum! Good on you!! I love the analogy that you have used in your blog of how weight or mass affects flight. I did find some parts of your post a little tricky to read however, as you seem to be missing some vital punctuation. Congrats again, Dad and I are proud of you and can’t wait to check out the regionals this Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment