Interschools Athletics

Last Wednesday I went to Interschool athletics. I got in for the two hundred meter sprints, I came third for two hundred meter and one hundred meter for the school athletics. I was going in to the one hundred meter for interschools but one hundred was my friends strength, and he's faster than me so they put me into two hundred.

Me Gavin, Ziggy and Taj step out of the car onto the big field with heaps of other schools, and much bigger groups than Wainui. My race was the first race of the day and it just had to be the same time as my sisters race, so my Mum couldn't watch my race. In the first heat,  which was quite hard, I sped across the prickle covered field. I could see a kid sprinting up behind me, a second later that kid was in front of me. Now I was coming second. I crossed the finish line and the lady told me I came second then it was the finals. We didn't even get a rest. I stepped on to the starting line, I was still tired from the heat. The guy said "on you're mask, get set, go!" I sprinted as fast as I could I past like five kids but all the other kids were way too fast to beat. The race was a lot faster this time and a lot harder. I still came fifth.

I am so happy that I got fifth in gisborne for my age, I thought I would be sixth or seventh. Overall our school tied with Mangapapa, we both got first. Athletics is my favorite sport this year.

Comments

  1. Matai, this was your best year yet in terms of results at the athletics! I was super impressed at your determination and grit when it came to running your races!! As always, you blitzed you’re heats but this year you placed in the finals, WELL DONE!! It was awesome being able to come to the Interschool tournament and to cheer all the students on. Bring the 5th fastest Year 6 boy in Gisborne is something you should be proud of. Nicely done my boy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment